주메뉴바로가기
하단메뉴바로가기
외부링크용로고

공모MONOSCAPE: LESS IS MORE 가제 / 언오피셜 프리뷰

Writer : market
  • 페이스북

Each line one breath by John Franzen No P 11 framed _ W

작가 공모: MONOSCAPE – LESS IS MORE (가제)

OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS: MONOSCAPE – LESS IS MORE (working title)

우리가 현재 겪고 있는 새로운 정보의 시대는 우리의 환경을 아직까지 경험하지 못했던 정보의 과포화 상태로 잠식시키고 있다. 동시에 우리는 삶에 대한 결정들을 그 어떤 때보다 빠르고 많이 내리도록 강요당하고 있다. 기술의 진보와 함께 찾아온 “속도의 최우선” 현상은 현재의 데이터 오염을 초래하고 있다; 소음과 정보의 과포화는 지속적으로 우리의 인지적 손실을 자극하고 있다. 사회의 시스템 안에 만들어진 정보의 과포화의 지속적 확장은 우리를 이러한 오염에서 벗어나기 점점 더 힘들어지도록 하고 있다. 

이 공모를 통해 우리는 현재 우리가 살고 있는 도시와 사회에 대한 보다 관조적 시각을 탐험하고자 한다. 일상의 디지털화와 이에 대해 무감각화 되어가는 스스로를 비판하고 변화할 수 있는 결정적 역할을 할 수 있는 아티스트들을 초대한다. 이 프로젝트는 현재 새롭게 형성되고 있는 ‘최소화 움직임’, 즉, 모든 요소들을 가장 본질적인 단계로 간소화 시켜서 순수성을 회복하는 움직임이 이루어지고 있음을 드러내고 현재 우리의 환경 속 물질적 요소들의 선천적 본질들에 대한 깊이 있는 대화들을 시작하는 것을 목적으로 한다.

공모 참여 //

우리는 경계를 깨뜨리는 새로운 사고 방식을 가진 신진 혹은 중견 작가들과 함께 하고자 한다. 참여 작가들은 이 프로젝트를 통해서 이루어지는 생각과 작업들이 기록되어지고, 이후에 대중과 공유되어질 것에 대해 미리 인지하고 있어야 한다. 과정의 기록을 통해 대중을 보다 프로젝트에 적극적이고 깊이 참여하게 하고, 이를 통해 대중이 아티스트의 사고에 대해 깊이 있게 인지하도록 함을 목표로 한다.

진행 스케쥴 //

공모: 11/2 – 13

계획: 11/14 - 29

설치: 11/30 – 12/4

오픈: 12/5(토요일)

전시기간: 2주

전시 가능 미디어 및 포맷 //

I Mixed media I Sound art I Drawing I Photography I Media Art

I Exhibition I Workshop I Concert I Audiovisual Performance I Screening I

이 범위는 다양한 필드에서 활동하는 아티스트들을 포함하기 위하여 열려있습니다.

작품 제출 방법 //

모든 자료는 11월 13일까지 [email protected] 이메일로 접수

포트폴리오 및 CV 자료 

(개인 혹은 팀 모두 지원 가능하고, 팀일 경우 팀 멤버들의 개별적 정보들을 CV자료에 포함시켜서 송부, 질문 사항이 있을 경우 작품 제출 전 동일한 이메일 주소로 질문 사항 송부)

The information age is drowning us with an unprecedented deluge of data. At the same time, we’re expected to make more - and faster - decisions about our lives than ever before. Technological innovation along the lines of ‘faster is better’ creates ongoing data smog; noise and information pollution constantly challenge and assault our brains at cognitive costs. It is hard to escape the information overflow in a society that is built on a system, which believes in growth as the only driving force.

With this Open Call we aim to explore a more contemplative perspective on the city and society we live in. Artists are invited to take an essential role in influencing and critiquing the digitization of daily life and the resulting desensitization. This project aims to reveal the presence of a ‘lessening’ movement, a movement daring to strip everything down to its essential quality to achieve simplicity, opening up a dialogue with the surrounding environment with respect to the profound and innate characteristics of materials.

PARTICIPATION //

We aim to offer possibilities to emerging and mid-career artists who are able to think in new ways, break boundaries and advocate unconventional ideas. The artist, thinker or maker should be prepared to document the learning and development process for the project. This documentation, which may take any number of forms, will further engage the public by increasing understanding of the project itself. It also aims at engaging the public with the project and at shedding light on the artist\'s creative and educational process.

TIME FRAME //

call for artists: 11/2 - 13

planning: 11/14 - 22

installation: 11/23 - 27

opening: 11/28(sat)

exhibition running: 2 weeks

POSSIBLE FORMATS & MEDIA //

I Mixed media I Sound art I Drawing I Photography I Media Art

I Exhibition I Workshop I Concert I Audiovisual Performance I Screening I

The scope is intentionally kept open so as to involve a variety of artists from diverging fields.

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS//

Please submit all applications to [email protected]. Please include work samples, past projects and a CV. Individuals and collaborative teams are invited to apply. In either case, please detail in your application what technical and creative responsibilities have to be met. If applying as a collaborative team, please include information about team members\' relevant prior experience and combine CVs into a single document. Should you wish to make an inquiry before making an application, please contact us.

ABOUT UNOFFICIAL PREVIEW GALLERY//

Founded in 2010, Unofficial Preview represents a wide range of positions, locating itself between painting and new media art. We advocate non-traditional perspectives and celebrate interdisciplinary approaches. We like to work with artists who are curious and exhibit great flexibility in working. A belief in openness and collaboration are core values of Unofficial Preview. Unofficial Preview is a Gallery located in Songpa, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea. 

최상단으로